This policy provides indemnity to electronic equipment against sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage to the equipment in a manner necessitating repair or replacement including theft, transit risks and cover to laptops on a worldwide basis. Includes mechanical and electrical breakdown of electronic equipment, installation and peripheral equipment e.g. computers, air conditioning plant and accessories.
Features & Benefits
It provide indemnity for losses resulting from:
- Breakdown, actual breaking, distortion or electrical damage whilst in use or at rest;
- Accidental damage from sudden and unforeseen losses arising from fire and lightning, theft, earthquake, malicious damage, riots, strikes and civil commotions.
- The policy covers the electronic equipment whilst in the premises only; Laptops are therefore not covered under this policy but under the All Risks Policy.
- Indemnity for damage to data carrying media e.g. diskettes, tapes and cables resulting from any of the above perils.
- Reimbursement of additional expenses incurred to reproduce lost data and records following damage to the insured equipment by any of the above perils.