Businesses invest large amounts of capital in acquiring and maintaining machinery. Downtime by necessity means a high possibility of loss of income. The Metropolitan Cannon Machinery breakdown policy protects machinery while working, at rest, being dismantled for moving, under repairs, cleaning, re-erection and installation. It goes further to cover steam explosions, machinery/mechanical and electric breakdowns which are not insured under a standard "all-risk" property policy and is suitable for installed plant and machinery including lifts. It covers is for sudden damage/seizure from within the machine/plant. Get a free consultation and quote today.
Metropolitan Cannon Insurances’ Machinery Breakdown insurance protects against:
- Losses due to steam explosions, machinery/mechanical and electric breakdowns
- Liability for covered losses to property of others in your care, custody or control
- The cost of hiring temporary machinery
- Repair or replacement costs for damaged property
- Legal expense incurred for defense against a claim or suit alleging liability under the policy
To meet the varied needs of today’s businesses, Metropolitan Cannon Insurance offers the option of Stand-Alone Machinery Breakdown Policy.
This package applies to select clients where there is no accompanying property policy. It covers direct physical loss or damage to machinery. Machinery Breakdown losses can go beyond the repair or replacement cost of damaged equipment. We can customize our Machinery Breakdown policy to include indirect losses that result from a breakdown including:
- Business Interruption
- Extra Expense